Sunday, January 3, 2010

Secret button

So we had a great start to the New Year. We got up on January 1st, and Cass convinced me to go to the gym with him. I decided I wanted to have the last few Glee songs on my phone that I downloaded from iTunes, so I plugged my phone in to sync before we left. Well, the girls have loaded up their iPods, and thus our iTunes, with a bunch of ridiculous apps. Every time I sync my phone, I end up with a bunch of stray apps that came from them. This time it was a Scene It? Twilight game that was bogging down my sync. It took nearly 45 minutes to stop the sync, remove the app, and re-sync. Frustration.

Then we go down to the garage, and I notice that a car door has been left open. The car is dead. I mean, it was dead, dead - even when we put the key in, not even a clickity click. So Cass says put it in neutral and let it roll out beside his car (which is parked outside the garage). Easier said than done. You can't just shift the gear when the car is dead, dead. FRUSTRATION.

So Cass pulls out the iPhone and googles. He discovers the secret gear shift release button above the P on the gear shift. It requires a screw driver to pop off the secret panel that conceals the secret button. But once you can press it, you can shift away.

We got it cranked, drove around a while, and still went to the gym. After all the frustrations. Woo hoo!

No comments: