Thursday, April 23, 2009

Logan

We had Logan allergy tested after she recovered from her bout with bronchitis and strep. They did the blood IgE test. We got the bill (before insurance) and it was $891! Insane.

I just got back from getting the results from her pediatrician, and she's a 'highly allergic child.' Very high allergy to all trees (maple, birch cedar, cottonwood, ash, oak, elm, pecan), grasses (bermuda, timothy) - high allergy to cats, dogs, molds, dust mites, weeds - high allergy to soybeans, wheat, walnut - moderate allergy to peanut - low allergy to shrimp.

We've got Epi pen Jrs to distribute to school, car, grandparents, etc. But since she hasn't had a food allergy reaction, she can continue to eat a regular diet. He prescribed a nasal spray and singulair, in addition to putting her on an OTC allergy med (probably Zyrtec, since that's what I take).

He's also going to send us to an Allergy & Immunology doctor in Dallas. He doesn't think that he'll recommend allergy shots for her, since she has made it this far without any major issues.

When I picked her up from school, she had a note from the art teacher. One of Logan's paintings was chosen to be displayed in the Rockwall ISD All-District Art Show tomorrow night. Pullen Elementary had 50 pieces chosen, and Logan's is one of them! I'll definitely have pictures to post.

1 comment:

amwurst said...

Tell her welcome to the club. We are preparing to send Max back to National Jewish. He's been on Claritin (no help at all), AhChew, Zyrtec, Nasonex, and now Allegra with Nasonex. Our next step may be shots, but I'm hoping for another option.