Time to dust off (and renew) the passports! On Thursday, Luke and I are leaving for London. We'll arrive early Friday morning and hopefully spend the day in London (if we're not too jet lagged). On Saturday, we're going to Southampton, England to board a Royal Caribbean cruise ship for a 4 day cruise to Cork, Ireland. I hadn't thought of it before, but this is kind of the same route that the Titanic took on its voyage. It left port from Southampton, stopped in Cherbourg France, then headed to Queenstown Ireland (now known as Cobh Ireland), before beginning its ill-fated trip across the Atlantic. One of the excursions we can choose from is the Titanic Heritage tour, which will take you down to the port where Titanic stopped - it actually anchored near the port, since the water wasn't deep enough to accomodate it.If my iPhone works over there, I'm sure I'll post some pictures during the trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment