Thursday, July 16, 2009

Texcommunication

I borrowed that word from Cass.

We are moving! At the end of the month, Cass will be leaving his job here to start a new job at Epic Games in Cary, NC. Hopefully, we will be able to join him soon - depending on finding a house in Cary and selling a house in Heath, TX.

I've spent the better part of the last 3 weeks getting this house ready to go on the market. I've painted, touch-up painted, de-cluttered, thrown out junk, cleaned out the garage, planted flowers in the front flower beds. I think it's ready. The real estate agent is coming by to list it tomorrow.

We're headed out to NC at the end of July to start house hunting. I really hope we find something we like quickly. School starts (for the traditional calendar schools) on August 25. If we end up in a year-round school, I have no idea how that will work.

So, after 9 years and nearly 3 months of TX living, we will be saying Adios!

2 comments:

amwurst said...

If you need any help getting around Raleigh we have family there. Joe's cousin,Peter, lives in Knightdale (his son and Max were great friends during the reunion last week). Peter is kind of a lobbyist for liberal issues - don't know how else to describe it. He's not a true lobbyist, but that's the best description I can come up with. He's an interesting guy and would probably be happy to give you info related to Raleigh.

Anonymous said...

Hope everything goes well with the move and new location! I know that you loved Austin and have had mixed feelings about where you are now. I hope you find a fantastic new home and love your new city...