Sunday, September 6, 2009

4750 ---> 2500

As in - square feet.

How do you fit the stuff from a 4750 sq. ft. house into a 2500 sq. ft. house? Very carefully, I have learned. It's not the furniture, it's the stuff.

While I've been unpacking, I've adopted the rule - if I haven't seen it in the past year, it goes in the trash. If you've ever moved, you know that you empty the wardrobe boxes first. They're easy to empty, then you're left with a big container to use for trash. Usually the trash is just the paper that they use to wrap all the stuff. BUT we have filled up over 20 wardrobe boxes with trash from our house.

Last week, I had to call for a special garbage pickup. the garbage men spent an hour and a half outside our house emptying each container and sorting for trash and recycling. This week, I'm guessing we'll have to call for special pickup again. We've got at least 10 boxes of trash this time. And I'm still not done.

We might be fully unpacked by Christmas.

1 comment:

amwurst said...

More reasons to die in the house we are in - can you imagine also having an entire woodworking shop in the basement? The table saw alone weighs a few hundred pounds. I really feel for you.