I rarely blog anymore. It almost seems like blogging has become obsolete in favor of Facebook. Facebook is easy, everybody is on there. Blogging now feels like standing up and giving a speech to an empty room.
But this is for Marcus. :) He is the most faithful blogger. And he wants more blogging.
So here is a sort of random, rambling update blog post.
We very nearly sold our house in Dallas. It looked like the perfect deal. We got within 48 hrs of closing - and then it collapsed. Our buyers were also selling their house. They had a problem with the survey of their house, and a solution could not be found. I have to say that it smells a little fishy to me that a solution couldn't be found - but that's what happened and it caused a domino effect. So we get to pay that mortgage some more. Yay!
(Note to everyone: Do not fall for the lure of buying a ginormous house. I know you may want the space for the family, but it is so not worth it. Just send the kids outside if you need to. :)
We do have hopes of an offer today. If they don't run for the hills crying after they see the info on the utilities that I sent to them.
We went to visit Blake in Charleston, SC this weekend. I got to see his kids for the first time (they're 4 yrs old!), and we had a really nice visit. Then we left Charleston and went to the MSU basketball game in Columbia, SC on Saturday night. It wasn't as cool as a game at The Hump, but the kids really enjoyed it. And we got the win.
No, Blake won't be able to come to the reunion in April. He has to work.
I loved watching the Olympics. I'm now convinced that I can snowboard, and I may have to give it a try next time we go. (stop laughing)
I'm excited about the reunion in April. It seems to be shaping up here lately, as far as attendance. I'm not looking forward to the drive to get there. Or back. But it will be fun. Must order beer.
I don't like it when people have to swing out to turn when driving.
I am so ready to BE in Austin. But I am NOT ready for the process of moving. It is so exhausting.
2 comments:
I am honored that you have blogged purely because I requested it! I had no idea that I had such power! I must use it more often.
Sorry about the Dallas house sale falling through. Real estate is truly a nightmare now that banks really don't want to lend at all, and everything has to be absolutely perfect before money changes hands. I'm sure that it will sell soon though. We are about to enter the main moving season of the year.
I'm trying to get excited about the reunion. I really am. I'm not as far along as you are, but I'll get there. I had really meant to lose 30 pounds before then........
1. Thank you, from his wife. He really does miss everyone's blogs. I guess that is what happens when all of the adults you would like to converse with are scattered all over the country and busy with kids of their own.
2. I am sorry to hear about the collapse of the deal in Dallas. I wish it was a story I had never heard, but growing up as the child of a Realtor, I have heard it countless times.
3. You are SO right about the big house. Ours is small, but we have "a big yard, lots of trees". You only need the space for a few short years in the long run - then the kids are gone and you want to downsize again, anyway.
4. I know medicine is 24-7 and all, but Blake needs to make friends with (and do a few favors for) the person who makes his schedule.
5. I hope to start getting excited about the reunion soon. At this point, I am more disappointed to be missing a friend's wedding than I am excited about the reunion.
6. Just thinking about y'all moving makes me tired. The good news: my boss has this theory that three moves in as many years is as effective as a fire at de-junking your house...
Post a Comment