Sunday, May 30, 2010

Misc.

We have booked our move. Good thing we had some pricing issues, because while Cass was asking questions he found out that the moving company was planning to take our stuff to California. That would have been fun. So instead of a 2600 mile move, we're just going 1300 miles. That helped with the price issues tremendously.

The packers are coming on the 16th and 17th, they'll load on the 18th. The delivery will be between the 24th and 26th. Cass is going to meet the truck there, and the rest of us will come later.

In the meantime, the kids get out of school on the 10th. We close on the new house on the 14th. The kids and I are leaving on the 15th or 16th to drive to Mississippi - so we will miss out on the packing and loading. YAY!

My cousin is getting married in Louisiana on the 19th. We are going down early to stay in New Orleans for a night. We are staying at the Hotel Monteleone. I don't know what we'll do besides go to Cafe du Monde and the French Market. But we don't have a whole lot of time anyway.

The girls are going to Camp Lake Stephens the 21st through the 26th.

I can't wait to be OUT of this townhouse. And be in a house that I own. The girls won't have to share a room any more. We will have storage space, and the clutter will be gone. We will have a swimming pool - make that 3 swimming pools - in our neighborhood. And a lake club on Lake Austin. And we will be in Austin.

The World Cup starts on June 11th. I've had an app on my phone that does a countdown. I remember when it was 100+ days left. Now it's just 2 weeks! England's first game is against USA. Go England!

Logan wants to go on a cruise for her birthday this year. We usually celebrate her birthday along with Luke's, since they are only 4 days apart. It usually doesn't work out to have a traditional party, since it falls right before school starts. A couple of years ago, we tried to go to Sea World in San Antonio for a few days. A tropical storm hit, and it completely ruined everything. We had to bail out early. So I am a little hesitant to do any grand gesture like that again. With our luck, there will be a hurricane. I will still look into it, but it's not cheap with 5 of us going.

That reminds me that the girls' passports are expired. Time for new ones!

No comments: