Sunday, January 23, 2011

Checking in

I'm scared of Marcus, so I'm checking in and posting something on my blog. :)

  • My back - I went to physical therapy for 6 weeks. They tried a little bit of everything - traction, electric stimulation, acupuncture. I also went, on my own, to a medical massage therapist. Oh, and I had to switch orthopedists because my original one couldn't seem to keep an appointment. The results are that my back is probably back to about 85-90%. It doesn't hurt most of the time. I've been able to do light exercise as well as most of my normal kind of activities without aggravating it. For now, I'm ok with it like it is. I'll go back to the doctor if it starts to head in the wrong direction again.
  • In a couple of weeks, Cass will have his 1 year anniversary back with nVidia. Thank heavens. That is all.
  • Cami took the SAT for Duke TIP on Saturday. She chose it over the ACT because the SAT has an essay component. Sounds crazy, but she's a great writer - she wants to major in creative writing.
  • Our travel budget has taken a hit due to all the moves and house purchases/sales in recent years, so we don't have any interesting travel planned for this year. Cass is probably going to Barcelona for work in the spring. That would be a great trip to tag along on, but it probably won't happen. Maybe summer 2012, we can do a big family trip to Europe.
  • Cami is going on a trip with a school tours group in June. Her best friend Emily is going along too. They're going to Williamsburg, Washington D.C., and New York.
  • Logan had oral surgery over Christmas break. She had to have 4 baby teeth and the 3 adult teeth underneath removed - there was some wonkiness, and it was easier to just take them out. She'll have braces for the next 2+ years to close in the space.
  • Luke is sort of following in his Dad's footsteps as far as school behavior is concerned. But he's got a lot of things going for him that Cass didn't have as a child, so hopefully we'll get it worked out.
  • I got a new Nikon D3100 SLR camera for Christmas, and I hope to find some time to play around with it and learn how to take great photos.
  • Cedar season is going to KILL me. I seem to have lost the immunity I had from allergy shots years ago. It's been awful since right after New Year's. I'm considering going back to the allergist. If I don't die first.


2 comments:

Marcus said...

Don't be scared! I just send out looks of deep disappointment after a few weeks of no posts.

I hope that the SAT went well. It kicked my butt. I only took it once, but only scored just above average. I was not impressed. There is an ACT version now that includes an essay. It's optional.

I'm envious of the camera. We really want a good SLR, but the price tag is a bit too high. Maybe one day.....

I'm happy to hear that your back issues are improved. Getting old is hell.

amwurst said...

I LOVE Barcelona!!! The Picasso Museum is a must see. And of course, the Sagrada Familia. Cass will enjoy the night life I'm sure. The only scary part is the cab drivers - but we used the subway most of the time. Too bad you can't go with him.

Glad your back is almost well.