Saturday, February 26, 2011

RNFs

- Soon we will have 2 children in braces. Joy. Logan got hers back in December. We were waiting on Cami's, because she had some adult teeth that needed root development. They x-rayed her yesterday, and she's ready. $$$

- It will be a miracle if we live through Luke's 2nd grade year. I have nearly had. it. I may not be able to wait until the end of the school year to march into the principal's office and give them an earful.

- Why do I always get stuck planning stuff? Somehow I've been put in charge of planning a reunion for my cousins this summer. (I sort of planned the last one in summer 2009.) This one is a little more complicated, since we're trying to do it in North Georgia.

- Austin's population is now 790,390. Travis county (including Austin) is 1,024,271 (I added 5, since we moved after the census), Williamson county is 422,679, Hays county is 157,107, Bastrop county is 74, 171, Burnet county is 42,750, Caldwell county is 38,066. Total Austin Metro Area is 1,759,044. That's an increase of almost 500,000 people since 2000.

2 comments:

Marcus said...

We are about to start the braces thing here as well. I'm not prepared for the financial bombshell.

Good luck with the school issues. I'm just trying to get to the end of the year as well with Isabelle's school. Thank God she will be done with middle school in three short months.

You get stuck planning things because you want it to (1) get done, and (2) get done right. I suffer from the same disease, as you well know.

A half million new people? How have they handled the traffic issues? Baldwin County here increased by another 30% in the decade, but that was only 42,000 folks. However, the traffic issues are very noticeable.

cindy said...

They've done pretty much nothing about the traffic. But that's the theme around here - love Austin, hate the traffic.

They did build a tollway way out east that parallels IH35 - but it's been open nearly 3 years and nobody uses it. It was supposed to take the truckers off of the interstate, but not when it costs $40 in tolls to drive all the way down it.

Luckily, Cass has never had to deal with a commute. His company is on California time - and he works from home 99% of the time.