Saturday, March 5, 2011

Crazy s&*^t that I see

I took on some projects at home this week - painting Luke's room and bathroom and painting some of Logan's furniture. I had to go to Home Depot. A lot.

On Friday about 10:30am, I made a wrong turn and had to go down a side street before turning into Home Depot parking lot. As soon as I turned into the parking lot, I saw a black Ford pickup sitting/parked there like they were exiting. I could see that it was a couple, and they were having a knock-down-drag-out fist fight. They immediately sat up and stopped when they saw me turn in. I drove by really slowly, and I could see the girl's face bleeding. I didn't want to stop right beside them (this *is* Texas, you know), so I drove on past. I nearly stopped, trying to get the license plate number. But I guess the guy realized it and he squealed off.

I turned around and drove down the side street to see if I could tell where they went, but they were long gone. I debated calling the sheriff (we live in the Austin city limits, but our jurisdiction is Travis county sheriff for some reason), but I didn't think I had any actionable information. So I didn't. Jerk.

1 comment:

Marcus said...

Well, at least you even noticed it and attempted to do something about it. Most people are too self-absorbed these days. Or too busy looking at their device and texting. I have to wonder what was so conflicting at the Home Depot, though. Lorraine & I have disagreed about paint colors and which dishwasher to buy, but we've never felt so strongly as to beat the hell out of each other....