Thursday, March 10, 2011

Logging my miles

3/4 2.86 miles (1.6 mile run)
3/6 4.71 (2.0 mile run)
3/7 2.61 (1 mile run)
3/8 5.34 (bike)
3/10 3.86 (2.03 mile run)

Total 19.38 miles (5.34 miles on bike, 6.63 miles running)

I'm slowly increasing my ability to run/jog. It took forever for me to break a mile - because of breathing issues from my allergies. Now I have to find a balance between running and protecting my knees and ankles from injury.

I'll also mention the elevation where I run. Our subdivision is located on the bluffs surrounding the Colorado River. And our house is at the top of a hill in our subdivision. I usually run mostly downhill toward the river. I start at about 850 ft. above sea level. When I get to my turning around point, it's 550 ft. above sea level. So it's about a 300 ft. drop. Then I turn around and go 300 ft. back up to get home. Nice added dimension to the distance.

No comments: