Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Indulge

I've gotten pretty lax about writing on my blog. Is Facebook killing blogs? I wonder. Blogs are about sharing via the internet, and Facebook has pretty much cornered that market for now. They just make it so darn easy and centralized. But I digress....

I decided to do a blog prompt today. And today's word is indulge.

I don't indulge myself much. I've got a lot of other people's needs to meet, so I don't have a lot of time to do anything for myself. That's the way it is for most Moms. You know what I'm talking about. Heck, I desperately need to get my hair trimmed and I haven't managed to do it since oh about last fall. It's crazy.

Every once in a while I will treat myself though.

Things I have done to indulge myself lately:

I bought myself a Smythe blazer. If you are a fan of hgtv, you know who Sarah Richardson is. I watch some of her shows, and she wears the coolest blazers. I finally started Googling to find out about them, and I discovered that her jackets are made by some Canadian designers. And one of the designers is the sister of Sarah's design assistant Tommy. Cool.

Of course, Smythe blazers are quite $$. So I did some more Googling and I found one for about half the price. I debated it for about a week, like I do with any big purchase. Then I decided to Just Do It. It came yesterday, and I LOVE IT.
Another thing I've done for myself lately is that I bought mini season tickets for Broadway Across America at Bass Concert Hall in Austin. 3 of us will get to see South Pacific, Beauty & the Beast, Mary Poppins, and Les Miserables. I admit, I did it just to see Les Miserables again (this will be the 3rd or 4th time for me). But I'll love the other shows too.

That's all I can come up with, but that's pretty good for me.

1 comment:

Marcus said...

I'm indulging in an iPhone 5, the very first minute that they are available to order! We'll know on Tuesday just when that will be!