Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Congratulations! You've won a cheap ass gift!

A couple of weekends ago, on the day of the Egg Bowl to be exact, we went to our neighborhood Thai place to grab a bite to eat before the game. They were quite busy, and we actually had to wait about 15 min for a table. When we got seated, the waitress gave us a ticket to fill out with our info. It was the restaurant's 2 year anniversary, and they were giving away door prizes. Cool! I filled it out.

The next week, Cass gets a call. We've won a door prize! It's a set of sake glasses. That sounds pretty cool, right? So we stop by there to pick up our wonderful door prize.

Here's what they gave us. A big, cool package.


Here's what was inside. A lovely set of cheap,*plastic* promotional sake glasses. And some cheap, hollowed out chop sticks. Oh, and they removed the bottle of sake for us (That's a cheap, cardboard representation). Thanks guys. They serve the drinks in their restaurant in better stuff than this.

a) I'm glad we didn't go back for another meal when we picked up the gift, and b) I'm pretty sure they've managed to lose our business with this marketing genius.

4 comments:

Cass Everitt said...

It's a sushi place, not a Thai place. :-)

Cass Everitt said...

And I'm taking that thing back and telling them where they can stick it.

cindy said...

I know, I keep wanting to call it Thai. Was just coming to correct it, but I'll leave it. :)

Marcus said...

Plastic "glasses" AND no sake? Epic fail!