We've nearly got a week of school behind us, and already the activities are heating up. Soccer started 2 weeks ago (both girls), and now we're adding piano/voice (both girls in piano, Cameron in voice), drama club (Cameron), and jump rope club (Logan). I just realized that Luke is in *nothing*, since he decided he didn't want to play soccer. I think I agree with Luke. Nothing is good.
This is in stark contrast to BPE, our old school, which had absolutely NO after school clubs/activities. DSPE has running club, jump rope club, drama club, honor choir, safety patrol, and color guard.
Apparently, here they play their soccer games on random nights, not just on Saturdays like Round Rock did. So we'll be scheduling soccer games in there, too.
Can't wait for homework to start!
Fun times!
2 comments:
Don't get overwhelmed with the choices. I see so many kids burnt out with all of the choices they have nowadays. My personal theory is if we aren't having family dinners the majority of the time we are overscheduled. Just my two cents. Take it or leave it.
Bless your heart! Caught up in the "getting to know people" again! It'll come up on ya'll fast with that ONE activity! I second the no-K activity. The start of Kindergarten is not a great time to start an activity! Maybe summer? Is Luke anything like Joey, rather play his PS2, Nintendo DS, watch a couple shows, play outside with Mom a little, play outside with Dad a little more (in the absence of me bringing home his buddy a min of 1 day during the week and playing w/ cousin another)?! I do have a theory: if they can keep up w/ the massive homework & not pass out from the "part-time homeschool job as a parent" a Mom resigns to in order for child to get a good start on NCLB Act education models, as well as do the 'home activity for the kids that are ahead of the curve'- and sign off on all their homework and behavior charts, etc. (AND your girls can enjoy having an activity a week) - we are at the top of our game! ha ha
We do that exact thing you guys do, just this year added volunteer for one PTO committee. Other than that, I feel like it's an accomplishment to keep food stocked in the house, on the table, and keep the laundry done! I also have to have help from somebody that comes 1 day a week to "keep my house" with me. I figure if a mother can do that, keep her husband fairly to that occasional blown-away satisfied, and get the sleep required to function - your ahead of the game! My moto: lighten my load as much as I can and hang in there! Hard as it is as another (yeah, I may be crip'd, but still) over-acheiver; the intent to acheive such is still there! :)
I miss ya'll! Love, Suz
Post a Comment