Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ms. Beasley

Remember our encounters with law enforcement looking for the elusive Ms. Charmaine Beasley? After a guy stopped by last month looking for her (with a tow truck), I learned that her name is acutally Sharmingra Beasley. I Googled a little bit, and found out that she's listed as an unlicensed mortgage broker in the state of TX - and she had a business address (small mortgage company called Real Women Mortgage, or something ridiculous like that) listed in Dallas.

So, back in late October when we were leaving to spend the weekend in Mississippi, we were literally getting ready to get in the car and leave town, when I looked out the front door window and saw two gentlemen approaching - wearing big guns strapped to their belts. I told Cass that he needed to answer that one. They identified themselves as sheriffs from the Dallas Fort Worth airport. They wanted to know if Sharmingra Beasley was available.

Apparently, Ms. Beasley rented a car from the Alamo desk at DFW back in September, and she never returned it to them. They were looking for a white Toyota Yaris. They even showed us a photo of dear Sharmingra, lovely woman. We explained to them everything we knew about her, including the info I got from Google recently. I think it was news to them that she was in the mortgage business, so hopefully that will get them a little bit closer to catching her.

I think that from her mortgage business exposure, she somehow knew that this address was a foreclosure and was therefore empty for a period of time. She's probably been using the address for her criminal activities, even though she never lived here (her name is nowhere on the deed history for the house), to throw people off track.

I'd love to know if/when they catch up to her. But I probably won't.

No comments: