I get asked a lot about how much iPhone services are for us - and usually I can't answer. I don't get a paper bill, and I almost never look at my bill online. But I was perusing my bill for the first time in ages, and I decided to put it out there for the curious. Keep in mind, we got our iPhones when the phones were expensive and the AT&T charges were cheaper than they are now. Now the phones are cheap, and AT&T has gone up on their monthly charges.
my phone + phone services $60
data plan for my phone (I think it includes only 200 texts) $20
Cass's phone added on $10
Cass's data plan + 1500 texts $30
So the total for 2 old iPhones is $120 per month. Add on the taxes and fees, and it's closer to $130 a month. And of course, last month it was $147 because *someone* added on a charge for Horoscope Alerts. I just got off the phone getting that taken off. FYI, charges like that can be added without any sort of password or confirmation. You have to call AT&T and get them to add the block feature, which will require a PIN to make such ridiculous purchases.
Best I can tell, when I have to renew my contract in December and pay the new prices, here's what it will be (family plan prices).
2 lines phone + phone services (700 minutes w/ rollover) $70
my data plan (no texts included) $30
Cass's phone added $10
Cass's data plan $30
200 texts $5 or 1500 texts $15
Our bill will be from $145-155 per month, plus taxes and fees - for 2 iPhones on the Family Talk plan. That will give us 700 minutes per month (w/rollover), unlimited data usage, and 200 or 1500 text to share per month. Each additional line (kids) will be $10 per month, plus $30 per month for data, and whatever text charge we pick. But we're not looking to add lines any time soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment