So last year, Luke had this best friend named Elliott. They were quite a pair and had many school adventures together. Elliott was a big fan of Star Wars, so naturally Luke became a big fan of Star Wars. Not that he had to have much encouragement - we joke that Luke is named after Luke Skywalker.
Well, Elliott (to Luke) is the authority on everything. :) It's really cute - if Elliot said it, then it is so. So Elliott tells Luke that in the Star Wars saga.... Luke Skywalker died from an ear infection.
There is no convincing Luke otherwise. Elliott said it, it is so.
So today I'm taking Luke to the pediatrician. He's had a respiratory virus this week, and he's gotten an ear infection as a result. We're driving down the road, and I'm explaining to Luke how you get an ear infection and how the medicine will help get rid of it.
Luke says, "Good. I don't want to die like Luke Skywalker did."
.
No comments:
Post a Comment