- Austin is the 15th largest city in America
- The metro area population is 1.5 million - 735,000 in Austin city limits
- 300 days of sunshine annually, with an avg year-round temp of 68.5°F
- Austin is home to North America’s largest urban bat population, with up to 1.5 million Mexican free- tailed bats roosting under the Congress Avenue Bridge from April through November (there's also a smaller bat colony underneath IH 35 at McNeil Rd in Round Rock - we used to see them every evening as I took the girls to gymnastics)
- Austin has about 1500 Airstream Cuisine vendors, who sell delicious food right out of mobile kitchens (there is a Hey Cupcake! trailer just outside of our neighborhood)
- Our favorite Austin eateries are Rudy's BBQ, Texadelphia, Chuy's, Mangia
- Every year, there is a celebration of Eeyore's Birthday at Pease Park, where there is live music, food, drink, and a festival type atmostphere. Oh, and everyone comes in costume.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
All About Austin
Since I'm back home, I'm enjoying getting reacquainted with the area. I thought I'd share some info on the blog, and maybe discover some new stuff I didn't know before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment