Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Where's the heat?

I know that we haven't had a 100°F day since we moved here. It's been kind of rainy, with some hurricane remnants passing through first, then a tropical depression, then some tropical storm remnants the past few days. The weatherman was talking about this on the 6 o'clock news just now, so I thought I'd share some of his Triple Digit Temperature Trivia.

Average number of 100 degree days each year in Austin: 11.4

Greatest number of 100 degree days in one year: 69 (1925) In 2009 we had 68!

Average date of the first 100 degree day: July 11th

Average date of the last 100 degree day: August 20th

Earliest 100 degree day: May 4th (1984)

Latest 100 degree day: October 2nd (1938)

Years without a 100 degree day: 10 (1987, 1979, 1975, 1973, 1968, 1919, 1908, 1907, 1906, 1904)

The highest recorded temperature was 112 °F (44 °C) on September 5, 2000


On the forecast tonight, he says that we can expect to hit 100°F by Monday. Yay.

No comments: