Luke's 2nd grade orientation was Tuesday night, and I was less than impressed. His teacher was totally disorganized, couldn't manage to get an email out to ALL of the parents (I was one of the ones who hadn't gotten the emailed info), and left me completely frustrated. But I hear from several sources that "she's great" and "he'll love her!" So I'm not freaking out. Yet.
7th grade open house was last night. The middle school is really nice and beautiful. They are actually down to a reasonable number of students (I think they said 400 less students), due to the opening of a new MS nearby. It's a really big school, but Cameron already knew her way around everywhere. She took me to all of her classrooms to see her teachers, and she showed me her locker. She has made friends with a girl whose mom I have known via internet for a dozen years (we were on a pregnancy msg board together). Last Friday, her friend asked her to walk down to the ice cream place in the neighborhood after school - and I let her go. This Friday, they want to go to the HS football game.
5th grade open house is tonight. Logan was disappointed that she got a "man teacher", but it turns out that she likes him a lot. And she's got 2 other teachers that she switches to for other subjects. Mr. K has been able to email me about 10 times since school started, so I think that he and I will get along OK.
Cass is just working - and working on his app. He's added enough stuff to it now that he's upped the price from $0.99 to $4.99. And it's still selling.
I am enjoying the fact that the kids are back in school. I have submitted all the transcripts and applications to the CLS program at Austin State Hospital. All I have left to do now is get the letters of recommendation sent in. I keep putting it off, because I hate asking again - I just asked these 2 former professors for recs back in December.
I've also been trying to stick with exercising. I started trying to build up some distance with running after we got settled here - but I have just ended up with a bunch of issues. Tendonitis in my left ankle (and up the side of my leg), aggravation of an old issue with my left knee, back problems. It's a little depressing, especially when you're trying to do something that's good for you.
Let's see, what else? I'm going to the MSU vs. Georgia game in late September. Other than that, we have no travel plans for a while.
Bernie is doing well. He's gained a couple of pounds since we got him. He's mostly house trained now. And he's got Cass really well trained with a few tricks. The kids are still cleaning up after him without complaint, so I guess that's a success. We've had him nearly 2 months now.
That's our update.
No comments:
Post a Comment