Sunday, October 12, 2008

What's going on?

Most of my recent blogging has been about soccer. So, other than that, what's going on here?

Cameron - just got her most recent progress report. She's got all As in her subjects and Es (for excellent) in Art/P.E./Music and conduct. She's taking piano and voice lessons, as well as playing soccer. She is in the Drama Club at school, and they've begun working on their production of Twas the Night Before Christmas. In addition, she talked me into letting her take a 10 week workshop at the local community theater, so she's learning about musical theater. She's found 2 really close friends, Logan (which makes life confusing!) and Maddie.

Logan - much the same as Cameron. She got all As in her subjects on her progress report - and all Es for Art/P.E./Music and conduct. She's taking only piano (no voice) and playing soccer. I personally think her soccer team is good enough to go pro. :) She is in the Jump Rope Club at school, and sometime they'll be doing some of their routines at halftime of a H.S. football game. At the last minute, Logan decided to do the 10 week musical theater workshop as well. Logan's got lots of friends, and I'm sure the name of her BFF would change based on which day I asked her.

Luke - ~sigh~. We're starting the 8th week of school, and he still hasn't gotten in line. Just last week, he got Lunch Detention for throwing a rock at a friend. We don't know what else to try with him, because he just doesn't care about losing rewards or losing privileges or getting punished. Cass and I are meeting with his teacher on Tuesday, so hopefully we can try to figure it out together. Tomorrow, his class is going on a field trip to a Petting Farm. We almost decided to keep him home, but I couldn't do it - they need the fun learning experiences to help them love school. As far as academic progress, he's doing great. He's finally decided he wants to learn to read, and he's picking it up quickly.

Cass - I don't really know what Cass is doing at work. He has been spending all his free time lately working on writing an application for the iPhone.

Me - just trying to keep up with the kids' schedules and make sure they get where they need to when they need to be there. On Saturdays, I spend most of the day watching college football. I rarely get as far out as the interstate - which is a huge change for me. We really live on the wrong side and too far out of Dallas to take advantage of anything cool out there. I'm stuck out here in Mayberry. :) (The current mayor lives across the street from us!)

1 comment:

donna bright said...

cindy,
granddaddy is so proud of those grades and extra activities.. keep working with luke he will come around soon i hope wish i could be there to see some of the activities