Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Last day

Today is Cass's last day at nVidia. He's out in Santa Clara today to do his exit interviews and wrap things up out there.

When he started in May 2000, he was employee #650, so they were in the neighborhood of 500 current employees. In the Austin office, he was the 6th person. They had a tiny suite of offices with 5 rooms, so Cass's hire created a space problem for them. In December 2000, nVidia (sort of) bought out 3dfx, which had a nice office space at Riata in Austin - and they moved there. Eventually, they moved to a different (larger, expandable) space in the same office park. They filled up that space and expanded to twice the size. I think that Austin is in the neighborhood of 300 employees now (Cass will correct that if I'm wrong). Overall, nVidia stands at about 4000 employees worldwide.

Taking the job at nVidia was probably the smartest thing that Cass (and I) have ever done. He's learned a lot, elevated his career, and met some of the coolest people. It's kind of sad to think of the co-workers that he's leaving behind, but we will keep in touch with a lot of people who have become good friends.

I hope that this job move is at least as smart as the last one. :)

2 comments:

Cass Everitt said...

We're approaching 200 at the Austin office, and 4500 worldwide.

My last day is tomorrow though. I would have made it today, but I thought people would think it was some elaborate April Fools joke. :-)

nursememrie said...

Cindy...if it doesn't turn out to be such a good idea, you can always say you never agreed in the first place! Somehow, I think this will be a good thing, though...