Since we have recently moved, a lot of the boxes that were in our attic are now being stored where I have access to them - until we can get them moved up into the attic in the new house. Nobody seems to be writing about much on their blogs, so I guess I will provide some entertainment. :)
You remember these pink and blue sheets. MSMS compiled the lists of students, their hobbies, interests, and talents, and sent them out so that we could match ourselves up with roommates. The boys were listed on the blue sheets, and the girls were listed on the pink sheets. The logo at the top was some temporary thing that they used until they came up with the one with the faces inside the diploma shape.
Here we go....
Kevin Dobbins
Clogging, gymnastics, computers, reading, swimming, tennis, band, club member (Forensic French)
Cass Everitt
Favorite subjects: physics, biology, math; enjoys music, taking household appliances apart to see how they work, band, chorus, and club memberships (social fraternity, math, Beta, chess)
Marcus Moseley
Reading, stamp collecting, listening to most types of music including classical, exploring nature, enjoying spectator sports
Anthony Thaxton
used to sing and play bass guitar in a local southern gospel music group (we recorded two albums), other instruments (piano, bass, harmonica, saxophone, rhythm guitar), painting, drawing cartoons, writing short stories, playing chess, watching old movies, newspaper work (I designed, wrote, published a Christian magazine when I was 12 - circulation was 250)
Blake Weathersby
Basketball, astronomy, reading, painting, listening to music, politics, writing, sports, clubs (Forensics, Mu Alpha Theta, Mock Trial)
Cindy Bright
Music, piano, art, reading, cross stitch, literature, snow skiing, basketball, running, swimming, choir
Jennifer Grubbs
Reading, playing handbells, church youth work, sports (swimming, basketball, golf, horseback riding), Forensics Club
Tiffiny Rhodes
Meeting new people and keeping in touch, babysitting, playing saxophone, reading, danding (ballet, tap, jazz), talking (to anyone and everyone about anything and everything), band, church youth activities, church camp
Alice Thompson
Basketball, coin collecting, horseback riding, computers, jigsaw puzzles, playing piano, crossword puzzles, chess, Trivial Pursuit
Jennifer Vernon
Playing musical instruments (piano and violin), reading, cooking, swimming, clubs (Explorers, Drama, Anchor, Mu Alpha Theta), church youth activities
~~~~~
A couple of questions...
CLOGGING?!? The visual is hysterical!
And what is Forensics Club?
And a note.... Cass doesn't say that he likes to put the household appliances back together after he figures out how they work.
(If anybody wants anything removed, just let me know - but it is a private blog...)
8 comments:
Your own experience should tell you how much I like putting stuff back together!
Wow - I was prepared to crawl under the desk in horror, but those descriptions are amazingly accurate for my husband and me!
"Spectator sports" meant that there was no way in hell that I was going to PARTICIPATE in athletics, but if forced, I would watch.
I can't believe that Alice didn't list "Bible drill" and "Saving souls for Jesus"! She was SO Baptist back then.
And Kevin's clogging......I lived with the bitch for a year and a half and never heard anything about it, much less witnessed it. It was just another lie, in the endless string of lies.
This is fantastic! I have a really good collection of documents and memorabilia from MSMS but somewhere along the way these sheets got lost. I am kind of surprised I put cooking since I don't remember doing much of that back then (I guess it seemed like a normal kind of interest). I was also cringing while scrolling down but actually mine is pretty benign.
Cass was in band!?! What instrument?
And the clogging - well I just can't stop laughing about that!
Lorraine's is perfect! Even now...
Saxophone. Alto in marching band, baritone in concert band.
btw - Clogging? Oh yes, I was able to witness it first hand. Including the white pants with red-checked shirt! That one was no lie.
Marcus - enjoy being in nature?!?
Me - church activities?! wow, we've come a long way, baby!
I don't blog for a week b/c I am on vacation so you sully my reputation. I should have put talking (like Lo) on mine. I can't believe I put piano. My mom forced me to take piano lessons. I quit at least 6 times and had AT LEAST 4 different teachers. I HATED it. Everything else, yeah I did.
And YES, I was very BAPTIST back then. I probably did enough preaching it was necessary to put it on my sheets.
BTW, be careful what you post. Revenge is sweet and I kept EVERYTHING from those day. Prophecies, embarrassing pics, I have it all.
Post a Comment