Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Good morning, it's the FBI

I'm putting this here to document. About 10 minutes ago, our doorbell rang. I'm not dressed yet, so Cass answered. It was a guy, dressed in a suit. He identified himself as a FBI agent, showed a badge, and asked if anyone named Charmaine Beasley (or something like that) lived here. Cass answered no, of course. He asked if we owned the house. Cass answered yes. How long? Well, we bought it about 10 days ago. Did we have it built? No. Had we ever heard of anyone named Beasley? No - the only mail we get is for David Diggles, and I've confirmed that he was the owner of the house before it got foreclosed. The guy seemed satisfied, and he went and got in his beige car and left. Very weird.

I know that we should expect some unpleasantries, since we bought a house that got repossessed by the bank. There was a lien by the city for unpaid water bill that we had to get cleared up before we could close on the new house. We didn't have the clickers that opened the automatic garage doors. We don't have a basket for the flatware in the dishwasher. The walls are pretty dirty and dinged up. Thank goodness there's no major damage to the house or property.

But we certainly didn't expect the Federal Bureau of Investigations to come knock on the door. Cass just called the city non-emergency line to report it.

2 comments:

Marcus said...

I'd call the local FBI office to confirm the contact.

FBI Dallas Field Office
One Justice Way Dallas, Texas 75220
972-559-5000

tlm said...

And I wouldn't have to do a thing...since my husband would be all over it! Seriously, I'm with Mar on this one. But then, I'm happy to pick up the phone and call in anything suspicious anytime - even here in Pleasantville!