We have a moving date. They're supposed to come pack us on Thursday, load the furniture on Friday, and deliver it this weekend.
We had big drama yesterday where the people who are buying our house got a little too greedy and pissed us off. We, in turn, "offended" them, and they threatened to back out of the deal. We told them fine by us. Our agents were able to negotiate something to please us both, I guess. But now I'm removing all the window treatments and taking them with me as my own passive-aggressive retaliatory act.
So now, their option period is over, and if they back out I'm keeping their earnest money, come hell or high water. They seriously need a lesson in how to conduct real estate business. Regardless, we've now got a "Contract Pending" shingle on the sign in the yard. Progress.
3 comments:
Selling your house is a royal pain. I remember when we were selling our first house, the prospective buyers just wouldn't shut up about finding out the age of the roof. The problem was that we didn't know, and the previous owners were dead. There was literally no way of obtaining the info, and we had explained that to them. Repeatedly. I finally looked at them and told them that they would have to consult a psychic or a Ouija board. I had hoped that they would get pissed off and go away, but they ended up buying the house.
However, I can't get too uptight about the tactics of the buyers. When we bought our current house, we low-balled with the offer and asked for a good bit in addition. And we got a good bit of it.
If I remember right, I taught you not to use that word, offended sounds much better. Hope everything goes well.
Mom
are you kin to dallas bright?????
sure sounds like it!!!!
grand daddy
Post a Comment