Yesterday, right after we got back from the pool, I got in the bathtub to get cleaned up. When I got out, Logan and Luke came in my bathroom. Logan relayed how she had tried to flush the toilet in Luke's bathroom, and it overflowed. It's happened before, because that toilet doesn't work just right, so I told her to grab the dirty towels out of the hamper and go clean up the water.
About 10 minutes later, she and Luke come back to me - this time with their pants rolled up and water all over them. Oh crap. Time to go check out what's going on.
I go to the other end of the house. They've put the towels down, but that was like putting a band-aid on an artery. There was at least an inch of standing water in the bathroom, and it was still running. Water had already started seeping into the rug in Luke's bedroom. When you stepped onto the carpet, it was clearly oversoaked.
I got the water shut off and had one of the kids call Cass. I grabbed every beach towel we own and put them all down. It took us a little while, but we finally figured out that we could use the Hoover steam cleaner we own to try to remove the water. Cass was on his way home, and by the time he got there I had started to make some progress.
It took about an hour, but we finally got enough of the water up to allow it to actually get dry in there. I'm sure the carpet will take a few days to get completely dry.
Turns out, after extensive questioning, that Logan was using toilet paper to make "fake boobs" and she just tried to flush all that down Luke's already-not-properly-functioning toilet. The flap thingy inside the toilet didn't close properly, so it just ran and ran until I got there to cut the water off.
Laugh of the day, brought to you courtesy of Logan.
No comments:
Post a Comment