Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What are you reading?

Right now, I'm reading Stolen Innocence by Elissa Wall. It's written by the woman who testified in the trial that put Warren Jeffs (of the FLDS) in jail. I'm only about 100 pages in, but it's very interesting so far.

The polygamist sect that was raided in Texas is a branch of Jeffs's church. In fact, I've heard that he handpicked the people who were sent there to live, sort of as the elite of the church. I've also heard that the cost of caring for the kids that were removed and put into the Texas state foster system will be upwards of $20 million in the next year.

1 comment:

tlm said...

We're watching Season Two of Big Love, which is a series about a polygamist family. I'm wondering if the show will have a third season now.

Oh, and I'm reading "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. It is fantastic. I'll try to blog about it soon...