It's been 2 weeks since I had my bike accident. My knee is in much better shape. I've been using J&J Advance Healing bandages, and they really do the trick. I'm down to covering the smallest little area, and I've already started Mederma treatment on the pink skin. My knee and shoulder aren't as flexible as they were, but I don't have any pain anymore. I've been riding my bike pretty much daily.
In other medical news, Cameron was diagnosed with mononucleosis, bronchitis, and an ear infection last night. She started running a fever Sunday evening after we got back from the zoo. I hoped it was just a virus, so I made her rest and drink fluids all day Monday. By Monday evening, she had gone downhill so I rushed her off to the local urgent care.
I was certain it was strep throat, so I kind of laughed when the P.A. wanted to do a CBC, mono test, and chest x-ray. Sure enough, I was wrong - her mono test came back positive, rapid strep was negative, and the chest x-ray showed bronchitis. She's on antibiotics for 10 days, plus she prescribed some Tylenol 3 with codeine so she can get some relief from her sore throat.

4 comments:
I'm delighted that you've posted the update on your injuries. I was thinking of you just the other night when one of my senior nurses called to ask what kind of bandages I recommended. She slid down concrete while fishing and skinned both knees, one leg, and her arms. She had purchased the bandages you've been using but didn't trust the instructions to leave them on for several days. I'll tell her to stick with it!
Hope Cameron rebounds quickly!
I had a hard time leaving them on for more than 24 hrs. They would peel and turn all white, especially after going to the pool. I think once I was able to go 2 days.
But they still are like magic.
OMG, I am SO sorry to hear about Cameron!!! I know Laura had that in college, and she was really sick! And it was during football season when she was cheering at State, and she had to sit out a few things. It was a tough recovery, too. The severely sore throat was her worst problem. I hope she's got enough time before school starts to sufficiently recover.
Did she show you the e-card I sent her?
Post a Comment