1 year ago today, I started my blog. It started from an online journaling course that I took through the kids' school, and here I am 1 year and 238 posts later.
A lot has changed in a year. The biggest change is that we moved. The kids are now 10, 9, and 6. They're all in full-day school (HALLELUJAH!). Cass is now a professional computer game programmer and amateur iPhone app writer. I'm now enjoying some quiet, calm hours in my life and I'm addicted to Facebook. We haven't been on any interesting trips lately - mental note: we've got to renew Luke's passport.
I'm still irritated by the dumb things people do (especially bad driving). I still love shoes and ZAPPOS. I still adore my iPhone (it rings like a cowbell now).
So after a year, I guess I'd say that this blog exists primarily to record day-to-day life, mostly the things that make us chuckle. The stuff we want to remember. So that we can always look back and remember how it was. So with that, I'll leave you with this lovely story....
Yesterday morning, I was helping Luke get ready for school. We were in my bathroom and I was helping brush his teeth and comb his hair. He was sitting up on my bathroom counter, and he let out a very LOUD fart (for lack of a better descriptive word). He giggled hysterically (of course - because bathroom humor is the funniest kind of humor), and he looked at me and said,
"Wow! That sounded like a trumpet!"
Now I can't think or hear about a trumpet without laughing out loud.
2 comments:
I want to comment....but I don't know what to say!! I just hope you don't have to go to any weddings any time soon where they play "Trumpet Voluntary"
luke is a real deal for sure he's my buddy if i could only catch a red fox!!!!!!!!!!!!
granddaddy
Post a Comment