Saturday, December 13, 2008

BP Meds

OK, so if I had known the side effects from taking BP meds in the beginning, I might not have ever started taking them. Seriously. Since Wednesday, I have been nauseated, dizzy, light-headed, fatigued, and just generally felt pretty crappy. I've spent most of each day in the bed. I can't eat, and I've lost a lot of weight (for me).

So far, the meds have gotten my BP down to about 120/90, but my pulse rate is up - in the 90s and 100s. Which I can feel, all the time.

I still haven't heard back from the doctor's office re: scheduling the ultrasound of my kidneys. I left a message on both Thursday and Friday, but they haven't called back. Maybe on Monday.

We went to the id Software Christmas party last night. It was a sit-down dinner, but I couldn't eat. I'd had a few bites of some pizza with the kids before we left, but when they served dinner I didn't think I could eat. Didn't want to "vomick" at the first company Christmas party we attended. :) Somehow I made it until 11pm. But I woke up with a headache this morning.

A little while ago, I was craving a Wendy's hamburger so I went and got one. I was able to eat almost half of it and a few french fries. Woo hoo!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Cindy, Tell your doctor that you cannot tolerate this medicine and maybe they will try another that doesn't affect you this way. I would call first thing tomorrow.

donna bright said...

cindy,

don't take a pill this morning. go back and have your medicine changed. the one good thing about bp meds is there is probably 100 of them and they all work differently and have different side effects. you might have to change several times until you hit on the right one.

granddaddy