Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Medical update

I called yesterday morning to let the doctor know that I wasn't tolerating the medicine well, and I waited all day for a return call. Finally, Cass got impatient and called to rake them over the coals a little bit. I had a return call within an hour. :)

He switched me to Benicar. I hope I can tolerate this one. Let's just say that I'm finally back up to 109 lbs. tonight. And I was actually able to stand up long enough to fold a load of laundry. Yay! My first BP reading after taking it was 115/84 (the other one started out like this, then got worse a few days later).

I also got sent for a kidney ultrasound this morning. It took an hour and a half! Who knew the kidneys were so involved? I had to do a lot of "take a deep breath and hold it"(indefinitely) - which wasn't a good combination with my light-headedness. But I survived. She also did doppler readings of my renal arteries. I hope they'll send the results to my doc tomorrow.

The kids got a day off of school today. We had gotten up and were ready to walk out the door, and I turned on the TV to find that our school district was closed. We had freezing rain all day, and the temp never got over 30 degrees. I was still able to make it to my ultrasound appt and a dentist appt (where my BP was 135/102 - I hadn't taken the new med yet), though. They probably could have had school, but better safe than sorry I guess.

Tomorrow, I'll post pictures and video from the girls' Christmas piano recital that was tonight.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

You go Cass!! I am so glad he did that! I hope this med is better for you. BTW, I don't even think I weighed 109 in high school. We may have to go back to 6th or 7th grade. I hope the ultrasound turns out ok. Let me know.