Monday, January 26, 2009

Ice Storm

We're under an Ice Storm Warning from 6pm tonight until noon Wednesday. Up to 1/2 inch of ice. They canceled the Winter Storm Watch, so they're expecting just ice.

1 comment:

Marcus said...

I miss ice storms. I've always loved them. They are spectacularly beautiful. Yes, I know that they cause all sorts of problems, but I've always been lucky and never had negative consequences from them. There was one in Starkville at Christmas in the late 90s, and almost the entire town was out of power. But, my house still had it, while virtually every other street around us was dark. We even had to cancel Midnight Mass, because there was no power at the church, and it was too dangerous to travel.

I also remember a great one at MSMS. The staff couldn't get to campus, so we had the day off. It was loads of fun slipping & sliding to the cafeteria to eat. I wonder how they got the cafeteria staff there to cook.......?