I saw my GP for a follow up yesterday. My BP seems to be doing fine on my current medication, so we're sticking with that. He said that normally high BP patients follow up every 3 months, but since I'm young and all my labs are perfect, he doesn't want to see me until 6 months.
I have to admit that I'm not the best at taking medication daily. I have a pill box with days of the week. Last week, I took medicine 4 days of of 7. Maybe I'll get better at it, but for now every other day seems to be OK.
It's kind of weird - when I first started seeing this doc a month ago, it was him and his wife in the practice. I originally called to make an appointment with her, but she wasn't taking new patients. At my first visit, he introduced me to her and told me that she was leaving for a practice in Austin - but they're not splitting up personally (I assume). He talks about her all the time. At the visit yesterday, I heard the receptionist say that she (the lady doc) is gone for good now. Very strange situation. Kind of makes me think that he won't be there forever.
Anyway, I have an appt with an orthopedic surgeon on Thursday for him to look at the cyst on my knee. Hopefully he can drain it and get it back to normal. It's about time for me to be able to get back out and ride my bike.
No comments:
Post a Comment