Thursday, September 27, 2007

Here lies the iMac Mini

Your computer has met an untimely death and you've been asked to say a few words in its honor. Write a eulogy for your computer, remembering the good times and the bad. You can post your response (500 words or fewer) here:

Cindy's iMac Mini crashed today. There were no tears, only a string of profanity. You see, Mr. iMac Mini wasn't exactly a beloved member of the family. He was but an experiment in the world of Apple computers - by a PC family.

He was mostly slow and frustrating, and Cindy didn't like any of the software he offered. He never even got a cute name like his predecessors - Bulldog, Indianola, et. al. He was just "that slow damn computer." If she had taken the time to name him, it would have been "Rainbow Wheel" for the lovely spinny rainbow wheel that popped up all. the. time. when he'd get stuck.

He will be replaced ASAP by a new PC - when Windows Vista is suitable for computer function.

4 comments:

Cass Everitt said...

Poor little unnamed imac mini.

Marcus said...

I love my Mini. Even though it is a little slow at times. Of course, I would never, ever abandon Mother Apple for a Windows abomination. I'm on my fifth Apple in 23 years, and thinking about my next one already. I think that the new Intel-based Minis are a substantial step up in speed. Of course, the new iMacs are an excellent machine if you are willing to spend the money.

I know that transitioning from PC to Mac can be a challenge, but I urge you to stay with it. Once you master the Mac, there is no going back. The thing about Apple is...... it just works.

knitforknot said...

I have to vote for the Mac also. I have an older G3 that is running as my backup. It's a bit slow, but this iMac I'm on now for my main work is quite speedy. I'm also looking at the newer Powerbooks for portability, as I'll soon be working on my design stuff at the tire store. For ease of use, dependability and style, nothing beats a Mac. Did I mention dependability? ;) Of course, in our house, I'm the odd one out as I'm surrounded by 4 Satan alias Bill Gates machines.

knitforknot said...

just in case you need a smile today...

http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/