Saturday, September 29, 2007

Soccer weekends

I love the weekend because....

Well, why does anyone love the weekend? Don't we all love it for the same reasons? You can sleep in, you have no work obligations, you can relax at home. My kids always ask what's my favorite day of the week, and I always answer "Friday" because that's the point where you've got the whole weekend in front of you.

As much as I covet my weekends, they are slowly being stolen from me. For example, we were up at 6:00 am this morning - just like a weekday. I had to get the kids up and ready for Logan's 8:00 am soccer game. I personally think that 9:00 am should be the earliest that they schedule any games, but alas I am not part of soccer scheduling for RRSA.

As soon as Logan finished her game, we had to immediately load up and drive straight to Georgetown for Cameron's soccer game. She's in the league where they first start playing away games, and I'm not thrilled about it. Luckily, they're all really nearby, less than a 10 minute drive for any of them. But I'm still a little put out about having to go to Georgetown or Hutto - Pflugerville isn't a true away game, because we are blocks from their city limits, and that's where Luke goes to preschool.

Even though we finished Cameron's game by 11:00 am, we were still on the hook for Luke's game at 3:00 pm. Talk about a whole day built around soccer. Blech. It's still fun, even though I complain. BTW, we lost 2 games and had 1 tie today. Not exactly a stellar day on the pitch.

Did I mention that I did all of this running around by myself ? Cass is on a plane back from Tokyo right now. I would give him soccer duty all next week and weekend, but we are flying to Mississippi on Thursday. I won't really have any of next weekend to myself either.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I know what you mean. We really only have one day to relax and that is Sunday. But wait, Carlyn has Challenge Practice from 2-4. At least it is not 8:00am.
Carlyn twisted her knee playing in the first game in Greenwood---yes I had to travel 1 1/2 hours to play soccer!

She didn't play in the second game but still wanted to stay and cheer her team on. They lost both games by the way, the second game was close 4-3. One of their goals should have been called offsides but the referees were not much older than the girls. They were maybe 13 years old.

Also I like to think that if Carlyn would have been able to play in her normal position of fullback, they would not have scored 4 goals at all. I am a little bit biased though!

Can't wait to see all of you this weekend.