Wednesday, January 16, 2008

7 degrees

We got 4 inches of snow last night. When we went out at 10 am, it was a whopping 7 degrees - wind chill of -2. We went halfway up the mountain, skied down, and we were completely frozen. Back to the hotel to thaw out. We thought it might warm up some after lunch, so we lounged around until 2 pm.

At 2 pm, it had gotten up to 9 degrees, and it was snowing. We went halfway up again -my hands were frozen and my goggles had fogged up and frozen. LOL! Not exactly ideal conditions. We tried to ski a little blue trail on the way down, but my legs were too tired. I took my first fall. :)

I'm back in the room and Cass went back up for one more run.

I hop it's warmer tomorrow!

1 comment:

amwurst said...

Gotta laugh about hope it's warmer today. My thermometer JUST got up to 4 degrees. BRRRR. I understand it's colder in the mountains today. Sometimes you get lucky and there is a temperature inversion in the mountains- not today.
Have fun at the lodge today.