Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Expiration

When we moved to Austin nearly 8 years ago (EIGHT YEARS AGO!), I got a Texas driver's license. The expiration date on it was 2/18/08 - my birthday, eight years in the future. I remember laughing to myself and thinking I'll never be here to have to renew it in 8 years' time. LOL!

I got my notice 2 weeks ago that my license needs renewing. They had already taken into account my ZIP code change, which I thought was really nice (unexpected forward thinking) of them. So I got to do it the easy way and renew my license online. $25 plus a $1 "convenience fee" later, and my new license is on its way, eight years later.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow, online license renewal. What a concept! Do you think Mississippi will ever catch on to this newfangled idea?

My license expires on February 24th. I have to renew it in Starkville since I will not have a permanent Southaven address yet. My license will say the wrong address for 4 years now.

Anonymous said...

I, on the other hand, sure I was moving for a more permanent situation, bought the 10 year Georgia license last year.

Normally I would just let it run for a while (maybe not 10 years but at least for a year or so) but I want to get my CO license so I can register to vote. I LOVE voting for president...