Famous Birthdays:
Mary Tudor "Bloody Mary" 1516
Matt Dillon 1964
Molly Ringwald 1968 - Actress ("Sixteen Candles) - who knew that Molly Ringwald was younger than Matt Dillon?!
Today in history:
1516 - Mary Tudor, the queen of England popularly known as "Bloody Mary," was born in Greenwich Palace. (I know this is redundant, but I've been to the site of Greenwich Palace, which is now the Old Royal Naval College)
1546 - Martin Luther, leader of the Protestant Reformation in Germany, died.
1564 - The artist Michelanglelo died in Rome.
1885 - Mark Twain's "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" was published in the U.S. for the first time.
1930 - Photographic evidence of Pluto was discovered by Clyde W. Tombaugh at Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, Ariz. Originally classified as a planet, the icy rock was downgraded to "dwarf planet" in 2006.
2001 - NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt, Sr., was killed in a crash during the Daytona 500 race.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday!
Hope you do something fun to celebrate!
It is so scary that we are officially closer to 40 than 30 now...but I still consider this to be mid-30's!
Post a Comment