Wednesday, February 20, 2008
The fiercest bitch on Project Runway
(warning: if you don't like the word bitch, you better stop reading now! and certainly don't watch the video!)
If you have not watched Project Runway Season 4, you have missed out on one of the most colorful characters I have ever seen on TV. I have laughed so hard at Christian Siriano the whole season, and tonight's reunion show was no exception.
At first, he really annoyed me - but by the second or third show, I became an adoring fan. He is "fierce"!
Some gems from Christian:
"If I was a diva, my name would be Ferosh!"
"She was one fierce bitch, and that's a big deal, because I've met some fierce bitches up in my life!"
"I'm kind of a big deal."
"I'm gonna die!"
"My hair is lookin' fierce today."
"Her dress was just a hot mess."
Christian is in the final 4, and will be showing his collection at Bryant Park on the finale episode last week. On the reunion show tonight, they were talking about the prom challenge - where they made prom dresses for some teenage girls from a Catholic school. Christian and his prom dress girl did not get on very well, and the result was a pretty hideous dress - totally NOT like him, because he makes some fierce clothes. Christian ended up in the bottom 2 (horror!), and Tim Gunn asked him if he thought he was going home at that point. Christian nodded and said "Yes! It was kinda ugly." I thought I was going to die from laughter. LOVED it!
Anyway, the YouTube clip is pretty long (9+ minutes), but it is full of Christian's best moments from the season. Somebody tell Bravo - he needs his own show!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
We love Project Runway! The only other 'reality' show that we like more is Top Chef.
Christian is ALMOST as gay & over-the-top ridiculous as Kevin Dobbins. I really don't think I'll ever encounter anyone MORE gay than him.
OMG, I am such a Project Runway addict!!! I have watched it since day one, and I gotta agree on Christian. I vacillate between liking him and being annoyed by him. But I am ALWAYS entertained by him. Last night, Patrick and the boys came in as I was beginning to watch the the reunion show. I had to change it. Patrick quoting Will Ferrell..."It's the gayness".;-) Patrick asked, "WAS THAT A GUY?" after he saw and heard Christian talk!lol So now that everyone's gone, I get to go watch Christian be fierce:-).
I couldn't believe he won the fan favorite. Yes he's entertaining, but he also seemed like a brat. His age showed in some episodes. But he is a fierce designer. I look forward to seeing his & Chris's final lines - I'm sure they will be interesting.
I like Runway, but I love Top Chef- season premiere is on my birthday March 12. Just wish I could eat the stuff they make on that.
I secretly love Chris March as much as I love Christian.
Best season of Project Runway, EVER!
I officially don't like any of these shows. Give me modern marvels, how it's made, cosmos, family guy, simpsons, and law and order in a pinch. Keep your reality tv and judge judy clones.
Cindy...I really like Chris March, too, and I hope he beats Rami and gets to show. I also really liked Sweet Pea.
Cass...you can watch tv with my guys, I'll watch with Cindy;-).
I swear I thought I was the only fan of this show (having missed only season 2 of the 4). Are you aware you can cheat and see clips from Fashion Week on Bravotv.com? I've been tempted to peek. Personally, I never laughed harder than when Chris said to "Give the baby [Christian] his bottle so he will stop whining"! While I don't feel strongly one way or another regarding his personality, I was surprised at his viewers choice award - I figured that would go to Sweet P or Chris. I'm tempted to peek and see what happens on the website, but then I would ruin anything left to look forward to on Wed nights if I did!
Post a Comment