Last night, I went to bed and it was summer. This morning, I awoke to autumn. Very weird.
In Austin, we get 2 distinct seasons - summer and January. Usually the weather doesn't cool off significantly until a few days before Cameron's birthday in late November. I always think I should plan an outdoor party for her birthday, because the weather is so pretty then. Then the week of the birthday, cold weather arrives. Winter kicks in when January arrives, we get out the jackets, then we can put them back up in February. Shorts and flip-flops are the uniform of Texas for a reason.
This has been a crazy weather year for us. I think we only hit 100 degrees a handful of days this summer, if that much. Normally we're in drought conditions and water restrictions and counting consecutive days of 100+ temps - but summer 2007 was rain, rain, and more rain. We had all kinds of flooding and extended road closings, even out here in Round Rock. I quit going to the pool daily in July, when I usually keep going until well after school starts. Meanwhile, Georgia is about to run out of water.
Now we've got an actual autumn this year. It was in the 80s last night, and the high today barely reached 60. Very Weird Weather. Global warming, anyone?
1 comment:
As someone in Georgia, let me tell you that global warming was in full effect this summer. We had days and days and days of 100+ weather - for over a month it was over 90 when I was driving in my car well after dark. The water shortage is really starting to worry everyone - I have eaten out a few times this week and everyone is only giving drinking water if requested. It has been so long since we had a decent rain.
Post a Comment