Sunday, October 28, 2007

Weekend

I need some time to recover from the weekend!

Friday evening, Cameron's soccer team had "field duty" so we had to go help with preparing the fields for Saturday's games. Most weekends, it would be a quick process, but this particular weekend was the 3rd annual Spook-Out Tournament. They decorated the fields, toilet papered the trees, put up orange and black streamers, orange and black balloons, and had several moonwalk/bouncy slide thingys. All of the Everitts went out there and worked for about an hour and a half (except for Cass, who worked for 30 min, then took a conference call in the car for an hour). The kids had fun TPing the trees. I was thrilled that they got that kind of training.

Logan was our only child actually playing in the tournament. Cameron had a real game in Georgetown at 11:30am, so Cass took Cameron (and Luke), while Logan and I went to her first tournament game at 10:30am. It was 3 v. 3, no coaching, and they played on smaller fields, by the smaller field rules. It was a little bit chaotic, but it was fun. They had Halloween candy, t-shirts, and face painting. All the kids in U8 and under got a trophy. Logan played again at 2:20pm and at 7:40pm. When we got home at 8:45pm, Cameron and Logan went around the corner to spend the night with their friend Taylor.

Cass has gotten hooked on this computer game called Portal. He and the kids have been playing it most of the weekend, when we weren't doing soccer stuff. He doesn't usually play many computer games, but he's interested in the company that makes Portal as a possible job opportunity, so he's doing a little "homework" by playing it. :) At least it's not a first person shooter game - it actually requires thought and logic.

And to answer a few comments about my trips - yes, I will be blogging the Europe trip! I'll probably just do it here, and post pictures too, since the kids won't be going with us. As for the ski trip, it will be Jan. 14 - 19, and we're flying into the airport at Vail. Last time we skied at Winter Park, we flew to Denver and drove - and it was the most scary driving experience I've ever had! We said if we ever went back, we'd find a place we could fly straight to, with no driving over mountains required. Alice, I'll email you when it's closer to trip time.

No comments: