Friday, October 12, 2007

Luke and his hookers

Luke is 5, and he is very much like his Daddy. I know that that is both a very good thing and a very bad thing. But he thinks just like him - very methodical, this relates to that, analytical thinking.

Cass and I try to keep a running list of the little "things" that come out of his mouth that make us chuckle. Since I don't have much to write about, as I'm still over-scheduled at the moment, I'll share a few of his funnies. Some of them need some background for understanding.

We recently started making Luke go into his closet, pick out his clothes, and dress himself on a daily basis. He's very neat and orderly, puts his dirty clothes in the basket, and hangs up the empty hangers. One day Cass was in there with him while he was dressing and made a comment about how he was so neat to hang up his empty hangers. Luke replies, "Yeah, I put the hookers on the side where Mama can find them." (hookers = empty hangers)

He asks a lot of what I call "thinking questions." Those are the kind that come from really deep thought, and they're ones that I usually can't answer. I can totally picture Cass coming up with question after question like this when he was little. My favorite one of recent is, "Mama, when did they invent toys?"

I usually get the majority of my Luke funnies after I pick him up from preschool, and we're driving back home. He's usually thinking about what they learned in school today, and he either just dumps info on me or starts asking me about what he learned. They talked about fall/autumn the first week of school, and on the way home, he says, "Mama, do you know what fall means? It's when winter is coming and the squirrels get their coconuts and put them away." (coconuts = nuts)

If you know Cass, you'll know why this one is funny: "Daddy, do you know where God lives?" Cass: "No, where does God live?" Luke: "In space."

I think the hooker one is my all time favorite, though.

No comments: