Write about the things/features you like best about your home.I like my house. I really, really like my house. We moved here 4.5 years ago, as an upgrade from our house in Pflugerville, and we are quite happy with that decision. I've included a picture of our house below, as well as the floorplan from the builder's website.
I like the size of it - it's 3600 sq. ft., which is just enough for the 5 of us. Everybody has their own bedroom, and we even have an office - that isn't a living/dining room used as office space. It's an actual office room of its own (well, it's the 5th bedroom, but it's better used as an office). In the floorplan below, our house was built with the 5th bedroom option that closed in the living room and put the door in the hallway that goes to the laundry and powder rooms. The powder room also has a shower, rather than a linen closet.
We really like the open floorplan of our house. The only 2 rooms downstairs that are closed-off are the master bedroom and the office. Everything else - the foyer, piano room, kitchen, breakfast area, and great room - are all open. They also mostly have 20 ft. ceilings, too. I like having the master bedroom downstairs, away from the kids' rooms.
Cass really loves his media room. It's not shown on the floorplan included below, but it's just to the left of the gameroom on the 2nd floor. He's got a projector set up in there, so it's just like our own movie screen. I think that was the primary reason that Cass signed up for the whole house upgrade/move from Pflugerville plan - the media room.
Things I would change - it needs a bigger laundry room, it needs a bigger garage, and it needs more storage space. The girls also could use a bigger bathroom area, since they will be teenagers sooner than we want. Cass also wants a bigger shower. If lot size weren't an issue, I'd have a 1 story house, too.
As much as I love my house, I still get excited about looking at new homes. It's just one of my "things."

No comments:
Post a Comment