I actually called the Post Office yesterday to complain about our mail carrier. In our neighborhood, we have a community mail box area - no personal mailboxes on our houses. There's a spot in the neighborhood with a huge box system, and we each have a numbered box there. It's located at our community center, so there's a "street" that goes through right by the mail boxes, with parking along it. We apparently got a new mail carrier a few weeks ago, and she's been backing her truck up, perpendicular to the boxes, which causes the front of her truck to stick out into the "street" that goes through the community center. Very Annoying. You can't drive through there without having to maneuver around her vehicle, while she's putting out the mail (which, BTW, takes her twice as long as the old carrier). So I called our Post Office. And reported her for it. And a few other things (like her frequent visitor, and her constant cell phone talking). I didn't have to leave my name, so hopefully my mail delivery will continue as scheduled.
Next irritant, parking at Luke's preschool. I started my kids at this preschool when they opened their doors - Cameron was in the 4 yr class, and Logan was in the 3 yr class. There were 6 kids TOTAL (2 of them were mine), so obviously no parking issues. This year, 5 yrs down the road, there are over 200 families with kids enrolled at my preschool. For the longest time, they have allowed the parents to park in the 15 or so spaces in front of the church and take their kids in for drop-off. The problem is - when you park in front, you have to cross the traffic that's driving toward the back parking lot (where you're supposed to park, according to the handbook - if you bother to read it). Very dangerous for the kids, who sometimes dart out in front of the cars. So this year (5 yrs on), they have FINALLY required that everyone park in the back - like I've been doing the whole time. BUT there are some parents who, instead of pulling into one of the marked parking spaces in the back lot, selfishly park along the side of the entrance/exit area of said back lot and impede the traffic flow in and out of there. It's ridiculous that people are so discourteous. I'm about to stew to the point of asking the director to do something about it. That requires a trip into the main building, though, and I haven't been in there all year. Luke is in his classroom outside in one of the portables - yes, they even have portables in preschool around here.
This is quite liberating, getting it all out there - so much that I've forgotten what my other irritants are. Well, I haven't forgotten them. More like they don't feel so irritating anymore. However, I may be back if Cass's company follows through with their request - "can you come out to California the week of Thanksgiving? Yeah, thanks."
This is quite liberating, getting it all out there - so much that I've forgotten what my other irritants are. Well, I haven't forgotten them. More like they don't feel so irritating anymore. However, I may be back if Cass's company follows through with their request - "can you come out to California the week of Thanksgiving? Yeah, thanks."
No comments:
Post a Comment