Thursday, June 5, 2008

Finally! We're out!

(Gratuitous bragging post ahead, so skip it if you don't like it! :)

Today was the last day of school for the girls! Their new school does a really nice awards ceremony in the students' classrooms. And they give out awards - actual awards for achieving something. Not awards for everybody, so that nobody feels left out.

Each child does get recognized, because they have the students vote on each other's best character traits, and the teacher reads it out - along with any other achievements.

Logan made Merit Roll (all As and Bs - her only B was math) and got a Citizenship Award (for all Es on all the behavior sections of the report card). Her classmates voted and said she had "orderliness, kindness, and patience." (I think they had a list of things to choose from.)

Cameron made Honor Roll (all As, all year long) and got a Citizenship Award. She also got Commended on the Math TAKS test and the Writing TAKS test (she got a perfect score on that one). She missed getting Commended on the Reading TAKS test as well by 1 question. Her class mates said, "you are a great story writer, you are a great song writer and can rhyme anything, you are very creative and can sing really good, and you are a trustworthy friend."

I love them. They rock.

I cannot WAIT to see what Luke does next year. The anticipation is killing me. LOL!

1 comment:

nursememrie said...

Any *good* mom would brag about those awards! But I am not surprised...they come from good stock....on both sides!;-)
I foresee Luke getting voted things like his Myrick cousins.... "Biggest Flirt", "Sneakiest Seventh Grader", "Silliest Sophomore", "Wittiest". You know, those awards that make moms go,"OK, is that *really* an honor or a *warning*?" That'll be Luke!!!lol