This is Texas, y'all. Why can't I find a pair of cheap cowboy boots?
I've looked in Wal-Mart, Target, Kohl's, and even Dick's Sporting Goods. No cowboy boots.
I think I'm going to have to stop at Allen Boots in Round Rock on the way down there and pick up a pair of cheap boots. We've got a pair that Cameron used at camp last year, but they fit Logan now (actually, they fit both girls, but Logan claimed them). Cameron's got a pair of black, zip-up boots - but those really aren't made for horseback riding.
Seriously. Something's wrong. Where are the boots?
In other news, our upstairs A/C unit stopped working a few days ago. I think Logan tried to tell us Thursday night, but she sometimes has trouble getting to the point and she must have gotten distracted and forgotten. So we didn't know. Then on Friday afternoon, I went up there to put something away and it was 88 degrees with the unit running. I did my diagnostics, then turned it off and called Al's Air Conditioning. Al could send someone out between 8-12 on Saturday.
We have a freon leak in the condenser coil, so we're going to have to replace the unit. Yay. Also, we didn't get a home warranty when we bought the house, since it was a foreclosure and all - so it's out of pocket. Yay. Do I sound thrilled?
Honestly, I don't mind replacing the unit - but that's not the one I'd choose to replace. I'd rather have a brand spankin' new unit that cools my bedroom - but I guess the girls will get a new one.
We actually got the guy to charge it back up with freon to see how long it will last before it leaks out again. Lovers of the environment, we are. We'll have a little time to figure out how we want to go about spending lots of money in the near future. Hopefully, it will last until the end of summer (in November - ha!), and we can have it done then.
1 comment:
I can not recommend a Trane for your A/C replacement highly enough. They are built for extreme environments, and ours has performed perfectly since it was installed two or three year ago. And the Dallas summertime definitely fits into the "extreme" conditions.
Post a Comment