Currently, I am sitting in the hotel lobby using their free wireless. Cass, Yury, and Miguel have gone for their meeting, and I am all alone. Even though I took 2 years of German at MSU, I have found it quite useless - which I always knew. I hated that class, and I did the bare minimum to get by with a decent grade. I'm sure Tracy retained much more of it than I did. :) (I remember you trying to speak it, like outside of class, and me thinking you were crazy! lol!)
Anyway, we went out last night to an "authentic German" restaurant. That's what the lady at the hotel said anyway. It was called Apostel, and we had pfeffersteak there. Well, Cass had stroganoff, and the rest of us had pfeffersteak. It was all good. They had their own beer, of course - Cass had the light version, and Miguel and Yury had the Christmas beer.
I have one picture from dinner last night, but I am awaiting a text from Cass to tell me where his GPS is. I forgot the card reader for the camera memory card, so we're having to use the GPS to get the pictures off the memory card and onto the laptop, so I can post them. Cass's texts aren't getting through very well, so I'm probably going to have to email him to get an answer.
Anyway, here I sit. I'm supposed to catch the bus/tram thingy in a few hours to go meet them before they go to dinner. That should be interesting. The ticket machine is in German. Miguel told me what to do - let's just hope I remember. They are only about 6 stops down on the same line, so it should be easy enough. ~crossing fingers~
Tomorrow, we're headed to Berlin, where we'll be for several days. My cousin Jenny, who is doing an internship in Switzerland this year, is going to fly up to Berlin. I'll be glad to have some company while Cass is busy with work stuff.
1 comment:
Ah, the days of German....I still use ein bisschen from time to time, but mostly to order beer :)
Post a Comment