I actually ventured out to Wal-Mart today. The cleaners came at about 9:30 am, so we had to go somewhere to get out of their way. I made a grocery list and off we went.
It was busy, but the lines actually weren't bad. I got all the groceries and was the 2nd in line to check out. Got done, realized I'd forgotten gift cards and Christmas cards (for the cleaning ladies' tips), so I actually went back - and was 2nd in line to check out again. Not bad at all.
I got stuff to make lasagna (for me) and homemade mac-n-cheese (for the kids) tonight. Tomorrow, we'll have turkey breast and cornbread dressing.
We'll get Cass to open his gifts from us tonight. I already got my iPhone, and I got myself a necklace from James Avery, so I told him not to get me anything. The kids have a few gifts from John and Krissy (friends from work). We got some Pillsbury sugar cookies - Christmas Tree, Santa, and Rudolph - to make and leave for Santa tonight. We've also got reindeer food to spread out in the front yard.
So, that's the plan. Hope Santa is good to you tonight!
2 comments:
Merry Christmas Eve to you and your family, too! What do you leave for reindeer food?
Merry Christmas to my favorite Texas family. I wish you were here with me. I know Santa will be good to all of you. I love you all!
For Jennie: Reindeer food is dry oatmeal and glitter. (the glitter is for catching moonlight so the reindeer can see it) We sprinkle it on the front lawn every Christmas eve so the reindeer can eat while Santa is busy!
Post a Comment