Friday, December 7, 2007

Landed

After about an hour delay leaving DFW, my flight took off and I made it to London! Apparently there was bad turbulence over the Atlantic, so our original aircraft was taken out of service. They had to locate a new one and get it cleaned and the catering loaded. We left an hour late, but we arrived at Gatwick only about 30 minutes later than originally scheduled.

I told Cass - it was like all the planets aligned. I got off the plane, was one of the first few in the passport control line, then my bag was the first one off. I headed toward the train for the South Terminal, and jumped on just as it was leaving. The same with the Gatwick Express - I jumped on and it left 2 minutes later. My first big wait was waiting for a Circle Line train at Victoria Tube station.

I got to the hotel, and Cass made me eat breakfast. Cyril and Yury were there, and I'm sure they were impressed with my tired, no-makeup, jet lagged (and xanaxed), just off the plane look. Miguel and Simon arrived as well, so we had quite a gathering. Finally they left for their work thing, and Cass took me to his and Mark's room to crash. Mark was still asleep, so he got up and showered. I was completely unconscious until about 2 pm when Cass burst in and woke me up go to change to the new room he checked into today. I think the cleaning people had let themselves in while I was napping, then left when they saw me. I was so dead that I couldn't even speak.

In the room, I got a cup of tea, got a shower, and got cleaned up. I've been hanging out watching British game shows (which I love!) all afternoon. Cass just finished (8pm) the work stuff, and I think we're going to go eat.

No comments: