I can't believe I'm considering going to the Liberty Bowl to see Mississippi State play Central Florida.
The last time I was there, it was 1991, we were playing Air Force, and Jackie Sherrill (still my personal all time favorite coach) was Head Coach. Ahhhh. I remember getting into the stadium with my student ticket, making my way to my seat, and turning around to see Scott Carroll pull a case of Miller Lite out of his coat. Good times.
So, there I was at 8:29 am this morning, waiting for the MSU website to update and put the tickets on sale. Yes, the MSU Ticket Office has finally joined the 21st century and gotten online ticket ordering - as of today. At 8:30 am, there it was, and I clicked.... and clicked.... and clicked.... and clicked again. They want to make damn sure you want to order those tickets before they process your order! We've got 5 possible bowl-goers, so I got 6 tickets. 'Cause, you know, we're old and we need our space. I had already reserved 2 rooms in Southaven on Sunday. This is my second post-season MSU event this year (we went to the CWS in June) - it's getting to be old hat or something.
I'll also tell you that as I was sitting there ordering tickets, I had deviated from my regular morning routine. I had to get those tickets ordered before I left to take Luke to preschool. On my way home from dropping him off, I realized that I hadn't packed him a sandwich in his lunchbox! ACK! I had to make a stop at the Pflugerville Wal-Mart Supercenter (brand spankin' new), and pick up my groceries - along with bread and turkey for Luke's impromptu lunch sandwich. I ran back up to the school and stuck it in his lunch box.
At least my priorities are in order. LMAO!
2 comments:
I am glad your priorities are in order. Luke can eat any old day. We only get to go to a Bowl Game once in a millineum. Thanks for being so on the ball. You can see where Dean and I are looking at houses too.
Oh yes, I remember the 1991 Liberty Bowl. Witt Wilson hid two cases of beer under his trenchcoat as well- one under each arm. What a fun bowl game.
We'll make new memories for 2007! Can't wait to hit Beale street some of our old college crowd!
Ding Dong Dammit- let the cowbells ring!!!!
MORE COWBELL!
Post a Comment